Recent trends indicate the dramatic and significant shift from the conventional approach of seeing things for granted to ‘disruptive innovation.’ It splintered into many aspects of individuals and communities, including planning and design. Not only does disruptive innovation become a cornerstone in current academic discourses, it also calls for new approaches in observing, critiquing and analyzing our contemporary issues and problems. As such, disruptive innovation deconstructs our comfort zone and engages us in a new territory.
The 4th International Conference on Indonesian Architecture and Planning (ICIAP) uses these ideas as backdrop for critically examining the effect of disruptive innovation in planning and design, including but not limited to the application of it and policy responses. At the same time, the conference also considers topics related to globalization and the way it stimulates creative disruption in planning and design. We encourage papers that consider disruptive innovation as another form of machine capable to co-opt various actors and institutions in disseminating certain social, economic and cultural values, planning and design as a form of resistance against the commodification process diffused across space and social groups and is systematically embedded in the structural power relations of innovation politics, and historical assessment of built environment as a form of disruptive innovation.
|DAY 1||07.30 – 08.00||REGISTRATION|
|08.00 – 09.00||OPENING CEREMONY – OPENING SPEECH|
|09.00 – 10.30||KEYNOTE SPEAKERS|
|10.30 – 12.00||INVITED SPEAKERS|
|12.00 – 13.30||LUNCH + NETWORKING|
|13.30 – 16.25||PARALLEL SESSIONS (max 100 Speakers/ Presenters)|
|DAY 2||08.00 – 09.00||OPENING CEREMONY – OPENING SPEECH|
|09.00 – 11.30||INVITED SPEAKER|
|11.30 – 13.30||FRIDAY PRAYER + LUNCH + NETWORKING|
|13.30 – 16.25||PARALLEL SESSIONS (max 100 Speakers/ Presenters)|
|16.25 – 16.55||GRAND PLENARY PANEL|
|(Selected speakers’ final observations, conclusion and audience discussion)|
|16.55 – 17.25||CLOSING CEREMONY (Closing Speech)|
|17.25 – 17.40||PHOTO SESSION|
|17.40 – 18.00||CERTIFICATE DISTRIBUTION|
|DAY 3||08.00 – 08.30||REGISTRATION|
|08.30 – 09.00||GOING TO EXCURSION LOCATION|
|09.00 – 12.00||EXCURSION|
Abstract submission Deadline : April 13, 2018
Notification of abstract acceptance : April 20, 2018
Full paper submission deadline : May 18, 2018
Notification of full paper acceptance : June 1, 2018
Early bird registration : June 8, 2018
We welcome papers and posters from all academics, students and those working in policy and practice. Please submit abstracts for papers or posters in the form of a 250-500 word abstract (text only, no pictures, graphs or tables) to the Organizing Committee by April 13, 2018. Please find the detail guidelines below.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
1. Both paper and poster submission must submit abstract to be reviewed. Explain type of your submission in the abstract.
2. Abstract includes between 250-500 words; text only, no pictures, graphs or tables are allowed.
4. Prepare this information beforehand to be filled online:
- Name of all authors and their affiliations
- Title of abstract: make it clear and concise
- Three to five key words that can describe your abstract
- Type of submission: paper or poster. Write up the information in your .pdf / .doc format document.
- Abstract must be in .pdf or .doc format that contains all information mentioned above.
5. Once your abstract is received, notification will be sent to you.
6. Abstract acceptance announcement will be published on this website on April 20, 2018.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER SUBMISSION
1. Poster size is A1 (841mm x 594mm) in portrait format.
2. Poster must be prepared to allow easy reading at a distance of 2 meters.
3. Poster should include:
- Title; has the largest font size, not too long.
- Name of the authors and affiliations.
- Introduction; may include short background and the main objectives.
- Methods; brief explanation of used method.
- Result; include key finding, best provide attractive key graphics, images and tables.
4. Use solid colors and highlight the focal parts of your presentation.
5. Attach ICIAP logo on the right below corner of the poster with size 150 mm x 60 mm. Download the logo here.
6. Please prepare your poster in PDF format.
7. More tips on making an academic poster could be found here.
Selected papers will be published in:
1. International Journal of Cultural and Creative Industries (IJCCI).* *to be confirmed
2. IOP Conference Series: Environmental and Earth Sciences* *to be confirmed
3. The 4th ICIAP Proceedings with ISBN
In the spirit of ICIAP we welcome papers across a range of themes relating to a critical examination of architecture and planning situated in a dynamic and contemporary society.
We anticipate specific sessions in the conference relating to:
1. Critical Assessment on the Idea of ‘disruptive’ and ‘innovation’
2. Diffusion of (disruptive) innovation in built environment
3. Urban Design, Urban Architecture
4. Environmental Issues, Sustainability
5. Land use, Growth Management, Development, Planning
6. Historic Preservation, Space and Place
7. Historical Perspectives on Cities, Urban Areas
8. Housing, Neighborhoods, Community Development
9. Infrastructure Networks, Transport, Basic Urban Services
10. Globalization and Resilience
11. Theorizing Local and Regional Disruptive Innovation
12. Governance, Regionalism, Management
13. Urban Disaster Planning, Management, Cities and National Security
We welcome papers and posters from all academics, students and those working in policy and practice. The event is inclusive and offers networking opportunities for scholars and practitioners in the field of architecture, design and planning. To submit an paper or poster, please go to this page.
|(before July 8, 2018)||(after July 8, 2018)|
|Presenter (one person)||International||(USD)||150||200|
|Participant / Non-presenter(one person)||International||(USD)||75||100|
*student ID required
This information is best viewed using PC/laptop. If you use mobile phone, rotate your phone to landscape or set it to desktop view mode.
- Please note the fee only covers one person for the conference which includes conference pack, 2 day coffee breaks and lunches.
- Classification of International / Indonesian will be based on your institution / affiliation, not nationality.
- To be included in parallel discussion (for papers) or to be exhibited (for posters) a submission needs at least one author to register as a presenter. One submission could only be presented by one presenter (author).
- If more than one author wishes to join the conference, she/he must register as well.
- If an author wishes to present more than one submission, she/he must register and pay fully for the 2nd and next submissions.
- The fee only includes publication fee for The 4th ICIAP Proceeding with ISBN. Presenters will be asked to make additional payment if their paper is selected to be published on IOP Proceeding or IJCCI.
- To join the excursion or short course, participants needs to make an additional payment. Detail of the price and registration method will be announced later.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration for presenters will open after full paper acceptance announcement.
2. Participant / Non-Presenter
Registration for non-presenters will open after full paper acceptance announcement as we prioritize seats for presenters.
HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT
Payment can be made by direct transfer bank to the following bank account details:
|Account Holder||: Yori Herwangi|
|Account No.||: 0228385367|
|Bank Name||: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI)|
|Branch||: UGM Yogya|
We encourage presenters to make payment after the announcement of full paper acceptance.
The confirmation of your full payment will be sent within 10 working days.
Departement of Architecture and Planning
Faculty of Engineering – Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jalan Grafika no.2, Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia
Phone +62 274 580092 | Fax +62 274 580853
Conference email: email@example.com
Conference media: instagram (@iciap.ugm), twitter (@iciap.ugm)