The International Conference on Climate Change and Local Wisdom :
Living in Harmony within Our Built Environment
Time and Place of Conference
The Conference is scheduled to take place on Februariy 14th – 16th, 2013,
At the Training Center Auditorium of The Alauddin Islamic State University – Makassar.
Update Information: Abstract deadline extended to October 10th, 2012
Conduct this conference with examines several issues as the subtopics of the discussion:
1. How to express the value of local wisdom in the design and its collaboration with the technology to anticipates the climate change?
2. How to create the mainstreaming of the culture as education to optimize the preservation of the local wisdom in the built environment?
3. In what context and to what extent does the local wisdom influenced the economic sector, especially in the built environment and communities quality of live?
4. How does the government and other formal institution accommodate the continuity of local wisdom values and its adaptation to the climate change in the built environment?
5. How does Islamic values and practice contribute to the topics of local wisdom, the built environment and climate changes?
Call For Papers
Launcing – First Announcement: July 20th, 2012
Abstracts due for Reviews: October 10th, 2012
Notification of Abstracts Acceptance – Second Announcement : October 20th,2012
Full Papers due for Review: November 20th, 2012
Reviews Received from SR and returned to Authors: December 20th, 2012
Deadline for resubmission of Full Papers by Authors: January 20th, 2012
The International Conference: February 14th – 16th, 2013
Jusuf Kalla – (Former Vice Precident of Republic Indonesia)
Dr. Rahmat Witoelar (Chairman of the Indonesian Board of Climate Change/DNPI)
Prof. Gottfried Zantke, Dipl.Ing, Dipl.TP (The University of Applied Sciences Bremen and SES Germany )
Prof. Kengo Kuma, Ph.D (Department of System Design Engineering, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, Keio University Japan)
Prof. A. Prabaharan (Nehru Memorial College – Puthanampatty – India)
Dr. Tetsu Kubota (Division of Development Sciences, Graduates School for International Development and Cooperation, Department of Devolopment Technology, Hiroshima University Japan)
Dr. Nangkula Utaberta, IAI (Architecture Dept, Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment The National University of Malaysia)
Dr.Ing.Ir Gagoek Hardiman (Division of Building Physics of Architecture Department of The Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
Ir. Baharuddin Hamzah, M.Arch, Ph.d (Architecture Department of Engineering Faculty of Hasanuddin University)
Detail Information: http://genius-loci-conference.com/