Asian Domestic Rookie Award 2021
(Departemen Arsitektur Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta as a Host)
TOPIC: “Contextual Design: Creating Space, Re-interpreting tradition”
To relate space and time, we should be aware of where and when we stand and live. We respond to its surroundings by respecting what is already there. It can be a specific tradition, natural environment, lifestyles, and so on. How about in the Future?
Through this competition, we attempt to challenge students to create creative designs on how the “past” value can be synchronized in the future. What kind of future will be there And What kind of value will exist?
Hopefully, this 10th ACARA (Asian Contest of Architectural Rookie’s Award) competition will contribute various creative design, contextually among regions and countries.
1. The contest is open to architecture students at undergraduate level except for final-year students as of November 2021, enrolled in universities in Asian countries and regions.
2. Entries must be works by assignment given or had been given in universities or works submitted to contests accepted by AUA. Participants can use either an assignment in 2021 or an assignment in the past.
3. Entries to the contest must be original works that have not been previously published or submitted to any other competitions.
4. Entries must be individual works. Collective works are not allowed to submit.
5. The official language of the contest is English.
6. All entrants agree to allow the organizer to use their names and the images of their entries for the purpose of publication.
1. Design concept
2. Diagrams that explain the issue, site, activity program and the design solution.
3. The concept should be explained in a visual way, such as: site plan, layout plan, elevations, sections, exterior and/or interior perspectives, and architectural detail.
4. Participants are allowed to add other drawings to support the design concept.
5. The drawings should be scalatic (bar scale is allowed).
6. The products must be presented digitally.
7. Participants are not allowed to state any kind of identity in the panel.
8. Projects must be presented in English.
9. All projects will be submitted online as a file with terms of:
• paper size: A3 (portrait or landscape)
• maximum 2 pages
10. The copyright of the projects belongs to the participants.
11. Best 25 projects will be exhibited at the final round on 25th of September 2021 and published on Rookies’ Award instagram and its media partner.
12. The judges’ and committees’ decisions are absolute.
Projects are submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the terms of:
• Softcopy PDF with the minimal resolution of 300dps
• Subject: DOMESTICCONTESTACARA_NAME_UNIVERSITY
• Project Submission Deadline: 31st August 2021
• First Judging Round: 4th September 2021
• Top 25 Announcement: 7th September 2021
• Top 10 Announcement and: 10th September 2021
• Top 10 Presentation and The Winners Announcement: 25th September 2021
• Yongil Lee – President of Asia United Architecture Association
• Eko Prawoto – Eko Prawoto Architecture
• Ary Indra – Aboday Architect
• 1st place Rp 5.000.000,00 + Certificate
• 2nd place Rp 3.000.000,00 + Certificate
• 3rd place Rp. 2.000.000,00 + Certificate
CP: Delaya Kinanthi; email@example.com; 087731033325